Sunday, March 31, 2013

March

March was an awesome and crazy month.  We began the month by moving into our new house.  I always seem to forget how much work it is to move, but so exciting at the same time.  A week after we moved in my Mom and Dad came to stay with us, along with my brother Lance and his family.  We were so excited to have them come down to see us.  It's the first time ever that they have come and stayed with us.  I felt pretty special they would use their spring break to come down. 

Lance and Tanya drove their trailer down.  They slept in the trailer with the baby while the 3 older kids slept in the girls room with them.  It was one big slumber party for the week.  We went swimming, hiking, to the zoo, shopping, celebrated Olivia's Birthday, scorpion hunting, and played at some parks.  My kids loved having their cousins here to play. 

Lance was kind enough to bring down some of his equiptment and build me shelving in some of the closets of the new house, along with hanging cabinets in the laundry room.  I felt bad having him work on his vacation but I was so grateful he took the time to do that for me. 

After Lance and Tanya left, my Mom and Dad, and Matt and I decided to go out to dinner to celebrate my Birthday.  We went and sat down at the table and about 10 minutes later my Aunt and Uncle (who live in Phoenix) show up with my sister Amber and her little baby Clara!  It was such a surprise.  Amber had flown in to celebrate my 30th Birthday with me.  I was completely shocked!  I felt so loved and grateful my sweet sister would come and do that for me. 

My parents flew out the next day and Amber got to play for a few more days with us.  We did a lot of shopping, which was super fun, went to church, and played up in Anthem at the park.  It was really fun to see her. I'm always wishing we lived by each other. 

March went by really fast, but I was so grateful to have had so much family come and see us. 




We're lucky to live right by these beautiful hiking trails. 



No comments: