Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dance Recital

Yesterday the girls had their dance recital.  Kate took a Jazz class this year that definitely pushed her out of her element.  She was the youngest in the class with girls up to age 10-11.  She improved so much from the beginning of the year to the end.  She can now do the splits, the pencil, fan kicks, and a lot of other moves that were pretty hard in the beginning.

Gabriella took a tap/ballet class with other kids her age.  She LOVED going every week.  Gabriella's teacher was the owner of the studio who also taught Kate last year.  Towards the end of the year she came up to me and said she couldn't believe Kate and Gabriella were sisters.  She said they are as different night and day.  She followed that up by commenting on how I'll have my hands full when Gabriella's a teenager.  It was pretty funny.  I know exactly what she's talking about.  Kate was so attentive in her class, and tried her hardest where Gabriella would easily get bored and just do whatever she wanted.  And when the teacher would get after her she could care less.  But at least she loved going.

The girls did great at their recital.  Gabriella's dance was the 2nd one, and I'll be honest I was a little nervous.  I'd seen her practice and I was certain she only knew about 3 parts of the entire dance.  But when the time came she did great.  It was so stinking cute.  They danced to "Painting The Roses Red."  I was so proud of Gabriella, you could really tell she was trying her hardest.

Kate's dance ended up being second to last, of 56 dances.  She did awesome considering how fast and hard their dance was.  She was super happy on stage smiling the whole time.  It was a long but very fun evening. 


Backstage

Hanging out in the car eating a snack during the middle of the 3 1/2 hr recital.

The final bow.


2 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

I love that sassy picture of Gabriella! I'm so glad they had such a fun time... wish we had been there to watch (but we enjoyed Clayton instead).

Amber said...

The girls look so cute in their costumes!! You'll have to show us some videos next time we get together.