Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Days of School

At the beginning of August Gabriella started her first year of Preschool at Miss Carrie's.  Gabriella was so excited to finally be the one to get to go after watching her sister get dropped off for 2 years.  I walked her in, talked to the teacher, then tried to say goodbye, but Gabriella was too busy playing to pay me any notice.  She was smiling when I dropped her off and smiling when I picked her up.  I think she is really going to love going there this year.
On our way.


Gabriella and Miss Carrie!  Who we love.
The same week Kate started Kindergarten.  Matt and I chose to have her to full day with Kindergarten in the morning and Enrichment in the afternoon.  Both her teachers are young, but really fun and cute.  The first morning our whole family went.  We walked with Kate to the playground, where the kids play until it's time to line up.  Then we stood by her in line.  She was a little timid but was trying hard to be brave.  She immediately started talking to a little girl in front of her in line, and telling her all about how her Dad tried to be brave his first day of Kindergarten but actually turned away from his mom and went into the school crying.  Both the girls were laughing, and Matt and I thought she must be alright if she's telling stories like that already.  I chose not to walk her to the classroom, so we waved goodbye and that was it. 

When I picked her up it was fun hearing little bits and pieces from her day.  She came home telling me about how her friend Maya kissed a boy...but then she had to break up with him because it was disgusting.  She told me all her preschool friends find each other on the play ground and chase Parker.  She's had a few mornings of dragging her feet to go, but mostly she's been great.  She wakes up super early so she will still have time to watch at least 1 cartoon before school.  I already can't believe how much she has learned.  She came home this week talking about the 7 continents, longitude, latitude, the equator, and prmie meridian.  I think it's going to be a great school year.

First Day of Kindergarten!


In line ready to go to class.

2nd Day.

3rd Day.


4th Day.

5th Day.

No comments: