Monday, August 19, 2013

Wyoming

After my 2 week stay in Omaha, we loaded up and headed out to Wyoming.  Matt met us in Rawlins, and the next day we drove up to the Cabins.  It had been way too long since I'd been there.  I think the last time we went was when I was pregnant with Gabriella.  I was so excited to be back up in the Mountains at one of my favorite places in the world.  The trip was amazing!  The girls had so much fun playing with their cousins, I hardly saw them at all.  Clayton really loved the dirt, and didn't mind crawling around all over in it.  We did a ton of fun stuff, but I think my favorite part is just being out in Heavenly Father's creations, away from the distractions we have at home.  Here's a list of some of the highlights of the trip:

*Kate set a trap and caught a chipmunk all by herself
*Went on walks with my mom, sister, and multiple children.
*Hiked around the lake with Kate and Makenna.  (It took us a loooong time to make it)
*We went out to the desert to shoot off guns and hunt for arrowheads. I found an arrowhead, which was pretty awesome.
*Eating ice cream at Farson
*The kids caught horny toads, which is actually a lizard.
*Saw a Mom Moose and her baby
*Dutch oven dinners.
*Went on a long and very adventurous 4-wheeler ride with Matt (the 4wheeler kept breaking down, we hitch hiked back to camp, luckily a nice teenager offered me a ride, so I climbed on the back of his racing dirt bike and rode 13 miles back to camp! We were grateful for his help.)
*Morgan and my cousins were charged by a Grizzly Bear, running full speed at them, while they were backpacking up high. They jumped up and yelled and the bear ran away. After talking to a bear expert in the area, he believed the bear had picked one of them out to attack and had been stalking them. Apparently that's how grizzlies hunt deer. Crazy right!
*Caught lots and lots of trout which we ate for breakfast.
*Kate spotted a snake on a hike and I caught it for her (but I won't post any pictures of that)
*Clayton LOVED playing in the dirt. He would just take handfuls and throw it, all day long. That kid was born to be dirty.
*Took the kids swimming in the lake, which was freezing but they loved it.
*The Durrant Family Reunion, and the great games we played, thanks LaRae!

On our way to the cabins we stopped at 6th Crossing Visitor Center. 

She's got to be the cutest dirty baby I've ever seen!

We did a few family 4-wheeler rides.
Kate set up this Chipmunk trap, and didn't have to wait long before she caught one.
The chipmunk.

Tanya and Sawyer.
Cute little Hudson.

Loving the dirt.
All the kids loved climbing the rock hill, except Gabriella.  She was so worried she would fall off.



Her first Rainbow Trout of the trip.


My Mom and her sister, Vera.


Lane entertained the kids launching rocks into the air with his sling shot.
The kids built a fort in the trees, then made this cute little table and chairs to sit in it.
Loading up in the car to head swimming.
The lake was chilly, but all the kids went under and loved swimming.



How cute is he, doing "Captain America!"

Jena was a lifesaver there.  The kids adore her. 
My dad was the Master Chef of the trip.
Cute and very dirty girls.

On our way to the desert we stopped at a spot where the Native Americans would drive the buffalo off a cliff to kill them.  It was a really beautiful area.

Driving through the desert.
The horny toad we caught
Looking for arrowheads.
I jumped up and down and screamed when I found this one.  It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.  I haven't been that excited in a long time.
I love this picture of Gabriella and my Mom dancing to Barry Manilow in the car.
Eating lunch and watching movies in the car.
The baby horny toad.
I found Hudson putting the baby on the big ones back.
I can't help but smile when I see this picture of Lance with this huge gun, an AR-15 and a sucker in his hand.
Ice cream in Farson, our favorite stop.
These boys were so funny, this was their second teeter totter they made.


We played some fun relay type games at the reunion. 
I love this series of pictures.  My parents were racing against each other for one of the relay games. 
Lance and his little mini me, Sawyer



1 comment:

Amber said...

I LOVE all of your pictures!! Thanks again for being our family photographer! Wyoming was such a fun trip! I can't wait to go back again.