Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Omaha 2013

The day after we got home from California the kids and I packed up and headed to Omaha for a couple weeks.  I was stressed about flying with 3 kids, for 2 1/3 hours but the kids were great on the flight.  Omaha was so much fun.  It was so nice to escape the heat, and enjoy the lake and seeing all my family.  The girls loved playing on the beach building sand castles, swimming in the lake, fishing from the dock, going for rides on the boats, going paddle boating, catching toads, picking from the garden, seeing lightning bugs, and the list goes on and on.  It was seriously so nice to be there.  The toads were a main attraction for them, and from sun up till sun down they were out scouring the yard looking for them.  I don't know how anyone can not love toads, they don't bite, they just hop around eating bugs.  My parents have so many at their house you have to be careful as the sun sets, they are hoping around all over the place! We imported cousins for the week, just taking turns with all the families.  The kids never got bored because there was always someone to play with or some toad to catch.

The fourth of July my parents always throw a huge party.  I love it!  I am so grateful for my families patriotism.  It seems like the 4th of July isn't that big of deal to some people, but  for us it was a big deal.  It has always been one of my favorite holidays because my parents always made it special.  Now they invite all the extended family to come out and swim, boat, fish, eat, and do fireworks.  There is always amazing food and lots of talking and laughter.  I'm grateful that my parents have instilled in all of us kids a love for our country and for the 4th of July.  I hope I can be there every year to celebrate with them!

We did a ton of fun stuff in Omaha, but I think my favorite part is just being able to spend the time with my family.  My Mom and I organized a few of her closets/rooms, we went swimming at my aunts house, visited my Grandparents, visited my siblings, and did a lot of swimming in the lake.  All the kids and I even tubed.

It was a great stay in Omaha and I am so grateful for my parents for letting us come for so long!  Can't wait till next summer.


Clayton loved sitting on the beach and throwing sand.

Swimming with cousins
We went for rides almost nightly on the pontoon boat.
4th of July



I love this sweet picture.

Clayton developed a love for toilets while there!

Cute girls!


This picture cracks me up, Hudson was squirting the girls with the hose.

My cousin was so nice and invited the girls to his kids horseback riding lessons. 

I have soooo many pictures of the girls holding toads.


Clayton loved Hannah!


Baby toads Morgan brought home for the girls.
Swimming at my Aunts house.


Going fast in the boat!

I love my parents house. 

The girl cousins.

The cute boys...and crying babies.

All the Bailey cousins, with 2 more on the way!





No comments: