Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sedona

I'd been wanting to explore Sedona for some time, and we finally did this past Saturday.  We arrived up there around 10:30am, and headed out on a hike right away.  We went to Red Rock Crossing, I guess a famous place along Oak Creek, where you can see the Cathedral rock formation in the background.  It was beautiful.  Immediately Morgan caught fish on the creek, the girls saw frogs, we found a baby toad and all held it, and also found some cool big bugs.  We headed out on our hike but it was super hot.  I tried my best to cool the girls off by dipping their hats in the creek.  We took frequent water breaks on our hike, and just when everyone had about had it we decided to take a break and cool off in the creek.  We all took our shoes and socks off and got in.  I think Clayton enjoyed it the most.  Matt and I tried to catch some crawdad's, but we were both a little intimidated by their pinchers.  We finished the hike, then went to get some lunch.

We drove through the rest of Sedona which was super crowded.  I've never seen so many people swimming in a river, or walking around a town.  It was crazy!  I'm not a huge fan of overcrowded places so instead of hanging out there the rest of the day we drove up to Flagstaff to fish.  We went to a lake called Ashurst, and when we got there the storm clouds had rolled in.  We went from 100 degree weather in Sedona to the 60's and rain in Flagstaff.  It was a welcome change.  After fishing for a few hours we headed home.  It was a fun day and I always love getting out and doing stuff with the family.
Cathedral at Red Rock Crossing.
Fishing on Oak Creek.
The adorable baby toad.
Gabriella holding the beetle.
Matt and I took turns holding Clayton because he refused to go in the carrier.

Trying to catch crawdad's.
Clayton just couldn't make it the whole time.

Ashurst Lake
Love em!

No comments: