Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weekend Trip

This past weekend was Fall Break for Kate, so we took advantage of the days off and headed to California.  We left after Matt's softball games on Thursday which put us at his parents house around 3 am.  The girls slept great in the car, but I can't say the same for Clayton.  He was still a trooper though.

Matt's Mom and I got busy the next morning buying patterns and fabric for the kids Halloween costumes.  We tried to keep it simple, but it's never quite as simple as we think it's going to be.  We got busy that afternoon cutting patterns out and sewing.  I was determined to do more of it myself this year, and did until Karen checked over my sewing and had to re-do everything I had already done.  It only took us 1 1/2 days of sewing and they were all done.  It's always fun going and being able to get projects like that finished.  I'm grateful I have such a skilled Mother-in-law who is willing to help me!

Matt and his Dad had their own fun taking the girls to multiple stores with them.  They ended up buying a remote controlled helicopter that you can attach a camera to, that will fly up to 600 ft up in the sky, and will link up to 6 satellites, landing itself where you tell it to.  It was pretty amazing.

The girls had a great time running around and playing at Grandma and Grandpa's "beautiful" house.  They kept telling me how "beautiful" their house is, and how they wish they could have a house just like it.  They swam in the hot tub, and really cold pool as well.  Clayton mostly wondered around looking for me, and playing with the bucket of cars.

It was a really fun weekend, and we're so grateful to have Grandparents close enough we can go and spend long weekends with them.
Throwing rocks, one of his favorite activities.



The girls had fun playing with Matt's old remote control car from when he was a kid.

The helicopter.  It almost looked alien like when it was hovering 60ft in the air.





No comments: